The AeroPress is ideal for any coffee lover looking for a rich and smooth cup of coffee without acidity or bitterness. Brews one to three delicious cups of American or espresso style coffee in about a minute, and clean up takes only a few seconds. It’s a great addition to any kitchen but since it is durable, lightweight, and compact, the AeroPress also makes the perfect companion when traveling, camping, or just going to work.
- Weight: 16.5 oz
- Dimensions: 11.313" × 5" × 4.25"
- BPA free
- 350 filters
- filter cap
- filter holder
So how do you use it? Simple. Firstly, open the box, remove the instructions and throw them away. Then...
- Put your freshly ground and weighed-out coffee into the inverted (with the filter end pointing upwards) AeroPress. As a guide, start with 15-16g for 250ml of water and adjust to taste.
- Put the filter into the filter holder and wash though with hot water to get rid of any nasty paper taste
- Pour just off the boil water over the coffee, filling the AeroPress nearly to the top
- Stir a prescribed amount of times (we use three) and top off with water
- Attach the filter holder and secure (before the end of the brew time)
- Leave to brew for your preferred brew strength (our preference is about a minute from when the water makes contact)
- Turn over onto the top of your favourite sturdy mug and push down the plunge until the AeroPress is empty, and you hear a slight hissing sound
AeroPress, Inc. is the manufacturer of the AeroPress coffee maker, an innovative coffee press beloved by a multitude of global fans.
The company was founded in 1984 by Alan Adler, a renowned inventor and retired Stanford University engineering instructor, to manufacture and sell his revolutionary sporting goods inventions, including the Aerobie Pro flying ring, which set a Guinness World Record for the longest throw.
In 2004 Alan began studying the coffee brewing process and analyzing coffee maker designs in order to create a truly innovative device that would brew a superior cup of coffee. At a coffee industry trade show in November, 2005, Aerobie debuted its breakthrough AeroPress coffee maker.